Skip to main content

Do You Care?

Should we not care to concern ourselves with what concerns God? He is very concerned about His name not being profaned and polluted. If you call yourself by His name, do you take care that your actions and your words not bring Him dishonor? If you have a "fish" on your car, do you care to drive in such a way that people will not mock Him? Being a Christian is so much more than being "saved" from the wrath to come. We are called to be His ambassadors; we are called to bring Him glory. Wearing His name is not something that we should ever take lightly--it is about Him and He cares deeply about it. Do you?

Listen to what God has revealed to us and care:

Isaiah 42:8I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.Isaiah 42:7-9 (in Context) Isaiah 42 (Whole Chapter)

Isaiah 43:7Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.Isaiah 43:6-8 (in Context) Isaiah 43 (Whole Chapter)

Isaiah 48:11For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.Isaiah 48:10-12 (in Context) Isaiah 48 (Whole Chapter)

Leviticus 20:3And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.Leviticus 20:2-4 (in Context) Leviticus 20 (Whole Chapter)

Leviticus 22:2Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, that they separate themselves from the holy things of the children of Israel, and that they profane not my holy name in those things which they hallow unto me: I am the LORD.Leviticus 22:1-3 (in Context) Leviticus 22 (Whole Chapter)
Leviticus 22:32Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am the LORD which hallow you,Leviticus 22:31-33 (in Context) Leviticus 22 (Whole Chapter)

Ezekiel 20:39As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.Ezekiel 20:38-40 (in Context) Ezekiel 20 (Whole Chapter)

Ezekiel 36:20And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.Ezekiel 36:19-21 (in Context) Ezekiel 36 (Whole Chapter)

Ezekiel 39:7So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.Ezekiel 39:6-8 (in Context) Ezekiel 39 (Whole Chapter)

Ezekiel 39:25Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;Ezekiel 39:24-26 (in Context) Ezekiel 39 (Whole Chapter)

Ezekiel 43:7And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.Ezekiel 43:6-8 (in Context) Ezekiel 43 (Whole Chapter)

Ezekiel 43:8In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger.Ezekiel 43:7-9 (in Context) Ezekiel 43 (Whole Chapter)

Amos 2:7That pant after the dust of the earth on the head of the poor, and turn aside the way of the meek: and a man and his father will go in unto the same maid, to profane my holy name:Amos 2:6-8 (in Context) Amos 2 (Whole Chapter)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painted Patio Wall Transformation - Our New "Secret Garden"

Michael and I have discovered a Secret Garden every where we have lived since getting married in 2010.  Whether it was the creek that ran behind our first apartment in Sacramento or the tiny little space of our 520 square foot, 1962 single-wide, mobile home in Rancho Cordova, California, we were always able to discover and create a unique sanctuary to call home.  Even though, in years past, we did what we could to make our surroundings uniquely wonderful, we never had the room to go really crazy until now. Since moving to our new home in North Carolina in May, we have not only discovered a world of exotic creatures and plants outdoors, but we have also started taking full advantage of the additional space we now have available to add our own touch of whimsy to the new "Wood's Secret Garden". Our first major project was the Patio which joins the in-law quarters (where mom lives) to the kitchen entrance into the main house.  We have received so many questions abou

The Project!

So, I had a huge jar of left over glass pebbles--you know the kind that you get at the craft store in those little net bags. I use the flawless ones to make my custom art pendants and rather than throw away the flawed ones, I kept collecting them in a large glass jar hoping someday I would come up with a brilliant idea. Well, here it is! It's a work in progress... Clip I first cut out pages from an old pocket Bible that was falling apart and missing pages. Clip I them spent a good part of a day, decoupaging them to a long section of the hallway wall. Clip Once the decoupage had dried; I began at the bottom of the wall, gluing one glass bead at a time, using (you guessed it) E6000. This process took at least 10 separate, 1 hour sessions. Once I glued about 5 or 6 rows, I used lengths of scotch tape to secure them to the wall and allowed the glue to dry over night before starting another section. Clip This took a really, really, l

Custom Doll Trunk with Doll and tons of clothes and accessories now available!

This took forever!  After transforming the 24 inch Bratz Dolls into "Just K.I.D.S" as part of the campaign to help rescue kids trapped in the sex trafficking industry, I got the crazy idea to convert a vintage suitcase into a doll trunk.  After making the inside compartments and decoupaging and hand painting the entire outside of the suitcase (both front and back) the set is now complete and up for auction on Ebay. Leave a comment if you want to bid on this amazing doll trunk.  You even get to pick which doll you want to be included.