Skip to main content

Three Years Later! An Amazing Story of God's Providence in our Lives!


More than three years ago a sweet lady from Indiana purchased these hand-illustrated boots for her granddaughter and wrote:



“Thank you, Dianna ~ I'm SO delighted to be making this purchase!   You have no idea how much it means to me to be able to buy these for my granddaughter. The fact that she'll need to grow into them both doesn't matter a bit, because with the works of art that these two pairs of boots are, having them ready for her when her little feet are ready, is a joy to anticipate.
  Your gift of art and faith is a wonderful blessing to let us share by buying these, and your work will be cherished in my daughter's and granddaughter's lives, I can tell you that!
 I have thought about this sweet lady many times over the years and just recently felt led to write to her.  I was overwhelmed with thoughts of wonder.  “Did her little granddaughter grow into them yet?”

How often we think about people and never put pen to paper' or, pick up the phone, or, write an email.  I decided to send the following:

Hi Patricia, I don't know if you remember me but in September of 2012 you purchased two hand illustrated boots for your granddaughter.  I can't tell you how often I think about you and those boots and wonder if your granddaughter has grown into them yet (the smaller sized pair, at least)  One reason I keep thinking about you and the boots is because the picture is constantly being re-pinned on Pinterest.  They are very popular boots. Do drop me a note and let me know how you are doing and about the boots. Warm Regards,Dianna Wood

For those of you who are familiar with Pinterest, I had posted a picture of the two pair of boots on a Pinterest Board three years ago and these kids boots were pinned, repined and liked more than any of my other hand illustrated boots.  So, I was constantly getting notifications from Pinterest about these boots.


And then three days after I sent the email, I received this response—along with pictures!

A heartfelt hello right back to you, Dianna,
OF COURSE I remember you, as I've thought about you warmly too, SO many times since I bought those boots!

Your timing in asking about them couldn't be more perfect.  My granddaughter just grew into the smaller pink suede boots in the last month, just in time to be able to wear them all fall and into winter!  Isn't that too wonderful?  She wears them everywhere, she loves them that much.  Our daughter takes my sweet little granddaughter with her to Bible Study on Friday mornings, and all the other mothers comment on them every single week.  And my daughter also has women stop her on the street every time they are out, to admire the boots.  So, to say they're a hit and a walking inspiration is an understatement!

I'm so happy to be able to send you some pictures of them 'in action', as my daughter was so excited that they finally fit that she took some pictures so my granddaughter would  always remember how they looked on her while she was actually wearing them.

I asked her to send them to me last night so I could share them with you and you could see your art being worn and loved too.

I bought them when she was only 19 months old in preparation for her being able to wear them when she grew.  She's such a sweet child, four and a half now, who knows and loves the Lord, and the look on her face when she wears them made the wait for her to grow into them so worth it.

I'm delighted to hear from you again.  I've never forgotten.   It's just so lovely to hear from you!!
My very best,
Patty




 ...and these are the other pair that are still waiting to be worn by this sweet little girl.  She has a few more years before her little feet will fit into these.  We shall wait and see what the Lord has in mind.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painted Patio Wall Transformation - Our New "Secret Garden"

Michael and I have discovered a Secret Garden every where we have lived since getting married in 2010.  Whether it was the creek that ran behind our first apartment in Sacramento or the tiny little space of our 520 square foot, 1962 single-wide, mobile home in Rancho Cordova, California, we were always able to discover and create a unique sanctuary to call home.  Even though, in years past, we did what we could to make our surroundings uniquely wonderful, we never had the room to go really crazy until now. Since moving to our new home in North Carolina in May, we have not only discovered a world of exotic creatures and plants outdoors, but we have also started taking full advantage of the additional space we now have available to add our own touch of whimsy to the new "Wood's Secret Garden". Our first major project was the Patio which joins the in-law quarters (where mom lives) to the kitchen entrance into the main house.  We have received so many questions abou

The Project!

So, I had a huge jar of left over glass pebbles--you know the kind that you get at the craft store in those little net bags. I use the flawless ones to make my custom art pendants and rather than throw away the flawed ones, I kept collecting them in a large glass jar hoping someday I would come up with a brilliant idea. Well, here it is! It's a work in progress... Clip I first cut out pages from an old pocket Bible that was falling apart and missing pages. Clip I them spent a good part of a day, decoupaging them to a long section of the hallway wall. Clip Once the decoupage had dried; I began at the bottom of the wall, gluing one glass bead at a time, using (you guessed it) E6000. This process took at least 10 separate, 1 hour sessions. Once I glued about 5 or 6 rows, I used lengths of scotch tape to secure them to the wall and allowed the glue to dry over night before starting another section. Clip This took a really, really, l

Custom Doll Trunk with Doll and tons of clothes and accessories now available!

This took forever!  After transforming the 24 inch Bratz Dolls into "Just K.I.D.S" as part of the campaign to help rescue kids trapped in the sex trafficking industry, I got the crazy idea to convert a vintage suitcase into a doll trunk.  After making the inside compartments and decoupaging and hand painting the entire outside of the suitcase (both front and back) the set is now complete and up for auction on Ebay. Leave a comment if you want to bid on this amazing doll trunk.  You even get to pick which doll you want to be included.