February 16, 2009

Why we do what we do (Part 3)

I started this string of posts with a particular point in mind. I am not going to conclude it, just yet. I will simply leave the reader to ponder this final question:


Why do we have such an easy time following the "rules" and obeying the "law" when there are immediate, temporal, negative consequences involved if we do not; and yet, think we have little to no control over things we do (that we know we should not do) which have no immediate, negative, temporal consequences?

2 comments:

Mel said...

Why did you decide not to post part 3?

TruthMatters said...

Hi there Mel,

Simply wanted to let people chew on it a little more.

I was hoping someone might get the point, without me actually spelling it out.

I may revisit it later. I very much enjoyed your contributions (smiling).