Skip to main content

And what exactly is this?



Is this awesome or what?  I spent the evening, (approximately 5 hours) experimenting with something I read about on hometalk.com  It starts with a paste made with Vinegar and Baking soda.  You rub it on, let it sit for a bit, scrub and rinse.

The acid in the vinegar and the baking soda combine to cut through lime, calcium, hard water spots and soap scum.  The above picture is actually a close-up of our incredible wire glass shower doors in our 1964 Mobile Home.  With all the renovating we have done, I thought it was high time I actually clean the shower doors.  I was blown away by the quality of glass, the construction of the frame and the wonderful wire mesh that is inside the glass.

I still have some scrubbing to do.  Just wish I had known about baking soda and vinegar, 30+ yars ago.  I have spent most of my life, using products that simply can not stand up to this simply solution of vinegar and baking soda.

So glad  we didn't replace the doors.  They are going to be stunning!

Look at that 50+ Year old shine!



Comments

Stephanie said…
Ohmygosh!! Why didn't I think of that?? Goodness, you just saved us a bunch on our new, but pretty gross, shower door. You are a champ!

Popular posts from this blog

Painted Patio Wall Transformation - Our New "Secret Garden"

Michael and I have discovered a Secret Garden every where we have lived since getting married in 2010.  Whether it was the creek that ran behind our first apartment in Sacramento or the tiny little space of our 520 square foot, 1962 single-wide, mobile home in Rancho Cordova, California, we were always able to discover and create a unique sanctuary to call home.  Even though, in years past, we did what we could to make our surroundings uniquely wonderful, we never had the room to go really crazy until now. Since moving to our new home in North Carolina in May, we have not only discovered a world of exotic creatures and plants outdoors, but we have also started taking full advantage of the additional space we now have available to add our own touch of whimsy to the new "Wood's Secret Garden". Our first major project was the Patio which joins the in-law quarters (where mom lives) to the kitchen entrance into the main house.  We have received so many questions abou

The Project!

So, I had a huge jar of left over glass pebbles--you know the kind that you get at the craft store in those little net bags. I use the flawless ones to make my custom art pendants and rather than throw away the flawed ones, I kept collecting them in a large glass jar hoping someday I would come up with a brilliant idea. Well, here it is! It's a work in progress... Clip I first cut out pages from an old pocket Bible that was falling apart and missing pages. Clip I them spent a good part of a day, decoupaging them to a long section of the hallway wall. Clip Once the decoupage had dried; I began at the bottom of the wall, gluing one glass bead at a time, using (you guessed it) E6000. This process took at least 10 separate, 1 hour sessions. Once I glued about 5 or 6 rows, I used lengths of scotch tape to secure them to the wall and allowed the glue to dry over night before starting another section. Clip This took a really, really, l

Custom Doll Trunk with Doll and tons of clothes and accessories now available!

This took forever!  After transforming the 24 inch Bratz Dolls into "Just K.I.D.S" as part of the campaign to help rescue kids trapped in the sex trafficking industry, I got the crazy idea to convert a vintage suitcase into a doll trunk.  After making the inside compartments and decoupaging and hand painting the entire outside of the suitcase (both front and back) the set is now complete and up for auction on Ebay. Leave a comment if you want to bid on this amazing doll trunk.  You even get to pick which doll you want to be included.